Esol Reflection JUNE 29

This is a reflection of the activities I did in Y11 ESOL Term 2.

The activities I did were all about writing. I wrote about brief reviews of what I found of note about the stories in books and what compelled me to make a review about the book. I’d also exercise the skill ‘RID’, (replace, insert, delete) a very detailed and time consuming process to make pieces of writing correct and possibly more entertaining to read.

I think the purpose of these activities was to improve in writing and in my opinion they were very effective for my learning. I think writing short text has made learning more fun and easy because short text makes tasks  compact and short. Compact and short tasks personally allow me to focus on getting learning and work done instead of thinking about the work being strenuous and potentially losing interest in the work.

With RID and basic writing grammar, I can avoid basic writing mistakes in the future. Personally, I believe this is a vital skill I’d want to keep as I grow up because with this knowledge I have taken the first step to perfecting my english in both verbal communication and writing.